Friday, April 1, 2016

JUNIOR VASQUEZ 'Live Mix Cloud sets from club TWILO 1999'


https://www.mixcloud.com/JuniorVasquezSets/junior-vasquez-live-twilonyc-13111999/

If it was recorded at club TWILO in NYC in 1999, then there's about 100% chance that I was there. On a lot of ecstasy (not endorsing it) but I could easily identify 9 out of 10 songs since this pounded my skull that year. I don't like any of these mainstream artists per se, but Junior did us well, twisting the music and making the backdrop darker. Cuz other than darkness, what could pop music ever even begin to be good for?

The opening track here 'With You' by Nomad, still shakes my life. I know exactly where I was in the club when Miss Junior dropped this track for the first time.Under the DJ booth, next to the Gigantic master Phazon speaker. Blown away.

No comments:

Post a Comment