Thursday, March 17, 2016

TORTOISE. Live. New York City. March 16th 2016 (SOLD OUT)


(le) poisson rouge 158 Bleecker Street 

Ok, So I'm adding live performances to my 500 list for 2016. Wanted to see this band from Chicago for years. They invented a genre. Wants to be jazz, but way too disciplined. Mind blowing drummer, no vocals, marimba, xylophones galore and a lot of SWING. Whooooosh. Let's add this into the top 25 or 30 shows I've ever witnessed. Me and my buddy Alex knew exactly when this band was kicking it big time. Letting a sample create a rhythm and playing a song perfectly in sync in the groove. Silly incredible. Joke of the night from the stage' "We're recording this for a live album tonight" Crowd goes nuts! "Ahhh.I just made that up. I learned it from Van Halen in the 80's.

No comments:

Post a Comment