Wednesday, May 11, 2016

JAZZ STANDARDS (Masters) (2016)


I'm lacking some jazz in my life and so to rectify that, this new collection has some artists that are familiar and this collection makes for very relaxed music in the office these days while I work on creating technical documents. A few rounds of listening and I immediately like the tracks from Coleman Hawkins 'Body and Soul', and the tracks from Billie Holiday and Duke Ellington. I get annoyed easily from scat singing, so the Shirley Horn gets a skip. My mind still doesn't understand how these songs are actually written, but I'd gather a tremendous amount of skill and discipline since there was no Protools or sampling back then. Was there?
 So there are 30 songs on here and it will take another week of listening to digest the really important, stand out tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment