Thursday, May 12, 2016

THE TRANSITIONS 'Dark Times' (2015)


My friend Mike D recommended this album to me just a day ago. Started out where I thought some loose muddy guitar sound was going to be a mediocre effort, but instead I hear some REALLY early Social Distortion vocal sounds and some most catchy and addicting songs. Mike hears Joy Division, and that may be, but I don't think I've ever listened to a full on Joy Division album so I can't say. The singer here sings without pretense and the playing borders incompetence, but still there's something about this album that had me play it in the office on repeat 4-5 times today. The track "The Call" is a bizarre, haunting gem of a song. Good stuff here. 

2 comments:

  1. I love this record/band. They're label mates of ours. Definitely a big Manchester, Joy Division influence. (I've jokingly referred to them as Oi Division.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA. 'The Call' came up on my shuffle today and it drove me nuts back tracking to find where it came from.

    ReplyDelete